Decisionbase

MyTherapy Communities (Discussion Forums)

Welcome Message
Registration Tutorial
Nickname:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion Topics About Psychopaths
 General Discussion: How To Survive A Psychopath
 Need to leave my sociopath husband

New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

needstrength
Starting Member

1 Posts
Gratitude: 2

Posted - 11/28/2010 :  16:33:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi. This is the first time I a have ever been on a forum such as this. I need help from someone, anyone, who understands my situation. I have been with my Husband for 12 years. I have tried to leave before but wasnt strong enough to. He has been physically abusive, spit on me, been mean to the children and mentally I have been so low that I have considered suicide more than once, and have no self esteem anymore. I am even afraid to go to work because I am afraid I will fail at that. I have had the strength to finally leave him again but just recently have had to leave for my parents place 2000kms away because he had me feeling so afraid to be without him, (not physically afraid, but mentally)that I actually begged him to take me back and promised I would get help with the "mental condition" he is always telling me I have. I had to escape the hold he seems to have on me. I left the children because the two older ones are teenagers and they have school and he would not let me take our 7 year old with me. I am not fearful of them being physically abused because he is doing what he did last time we separated, he is playing the role of super dad. You see, usually he is traveling all of the time and doesn't give any of us much attention at all. I have always been a stay at home mom and have always taken care of the kids. He just is not an attentive father. He is all about his airplane and business and impressing his "people" When he is faced wiht possibly losing his son (only the youngest is his) he begins to play this role of a loving caring father. About two hours ago my best friend was texting me and telling me how tired he is getting (I have been gone for 5 days) and that he is doing the best he can and I should be thankful that he is stepping up and that he is making up for lost time with his son. She has been with me through much of my trials in my marriage and knows of the abuse, knows of his unattentive nature and how cold and cruel he can be. I always suspected she didnt understand what he was really like though. It is hard to explain it to people. Most of the damage is not visable. He has been able to make my best friend believe he is the victim. I am so upset and confused and feeling tired and defeated again and questioning if maybe there is something wrong menatally with me....
Go to Top of Page

davidt
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

64448 Posts
Gratitude: 29135
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestAttentionI agree

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  22:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic

Good to meet you 'Need Strength'

I hope you find refuge here amongst others...

For we are a caring sharing community, David

If we refuse to hear criticism, we have no chance to learn from it.
Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

3401 Posts
Gratitude: 3213
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  20:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hello Needstrength,

Welcome to MyTherapy.

Hope you are doing alright. Hang in there.

-flmgirl

It is, what it is...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 36240
New Topics: 4
New Topics: 17